Meetups are groups of 2 or 3 people (same gender) who want Jesus to transform their lives from the inside out. Meetups meet weekly for an hour of mutual encouragement and spiritual growth.
WHY IT WORKS
It’s authentic (Ephesians 4:15). Lasting life change happens when we can be truly honest with one another.
It’s helpful (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12). It helps us live the way Jesus wants us to live.
It’s confidential (James 5:16). It is easier to be honest about our fears and failures when we share in smaller groups.
It’s flexible (Matthew 18:20). Meetups can meet anywhere and anytime. And Jesus is always present!
It’s easy to multiply (2 Timothy 2:2). As soon as each person invites one friend to join their group, two new meetups can start.
HOW IT WORKS
When we read and reflect on the Bible together, we receive God’s guidance and power to live and love God’s way. Choose a book of the Bible together. Then on your own during the week, read and meditate on 1-2 chapters a day. As you read, ask yourself: What did I learn about God, people or myself? What questions or concerns do I have? What might God be inviting me to do?
We experience God’s love and truth deeply when we are in honest and supportive relationships. Meet together once a week using the “Meetup Questions” below to help each other reflect on the past week. Share honestly and listen for God’s voice and guidance together.
Spend time praying for each other and the things that were shared during your meetup. Take time to pray for people you know who need Jesus, including people you would like to eventually invite to join a meetup.
Use the following questions to guide your weekly meetup time.
1. In what ways have you been an example of the love, character and purposes of Jesus this week? Consider both your words and actions, no matter how big or small.
2. How have you noticed or experienced God in your life this week? Were there any answered prayers?
3. What struggles/regrets do you have to share or what failures might you need to confess? What have you said, done or neglected that might dishonor God, others or even yourself?
4. What promptings have you felt or heard from God this week? How have you responded or how would you want to respond?
5. What Bible passage did you read this week and what were your key takeaways? What verses stood out? What thoughts or questions do you have? What do you feel like God is saying to you based upon your reading and what are you going to do about it in response?
6. Pray for each other and the specific things that were shared in your meetup. Pray for people you know who need Jesus, including specific people you would like to invite to join your meetup.
Starting a meetup is easy! Simply find 1-2 others (same gender) to begin meeting with. Meetups are intended for mutual encouragement and accountability and do not require a “leader.”
Be intentional for a season with the goal of inviting others to join your meetup. Once a fourth person has joined your meetup, the group multiplies into two groups with two members each, and the multiplication continues!
If you need help starting a meetup, fill out the form below and we’ll get you connected with others that are looking to join a meetup too!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org